1500 SCHOLARSHIPS (TRUST FUND) For DIFFERENTLY-ABLED STUDENTS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2013-14
National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), for and on behalf of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India, invites applications from Students with Disabilities for award of Scholarships under the Scholarship Scheme (Trust Fund) :-
- Under this scheme, 1500 Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for degree and post graduate level professional and technical courses from recognized institutions in India.
- 30% scholarships will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of nonavailability of female candidates.
- Applicants may apply any time in academic year for scholarship under this scheme. Scholarships will be awarded on quarterly basis for the applications received in preceding quarter. Under this scheme, an advance copy of application should also be submitted online (www.nhfdc.nic.in) by the candidate.lie by the candidate.
- Reimbursement of Non-Refundable fees restricted to the limit of fee of similar courses in Government/Government –aided institutions. Maintenance allowance will be paid to the students for 10 months @ Rs. 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses and Rs.3000/- per month for Professional PostGraduate Courses in one academic year.
- Books/Stationery allowance will be paid to students pursuing Professional Graduate Courses @ Rs.6,000/ per annum and Rs.10,000/- per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
- Differently-abled students in addition will be provided financial assistance for purchase of aids & appliances (only once during life time).
- Monthly income of the beneficiary /parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25,000/- (Rs. 3.00 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
- A Scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/ stipend for pursuing the course.
How to apply :-
The applicant has to apply online (www.nhfdc.nic.in) and the printed application form along with requisite documents duly countersigned and recommended by the head of the institution, where they are studying, should reach to: National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation
(NHFDC), Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007. It is to be noted that without a hard copy of application, a candidate’s application in soft copy will not be entertained.
List of enclosures alongwith hard copy of application:
i) Academic record – attested copies of relevant certificates/mark sheets for the qualifying examination.
ii) Proof of annual income – Proof of income shall include last salary slip of parent/guardian, acknowledgement of income tax/income certificate e from revenue official/gazetted officer/public representative e.g. MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat officials etc.;
iii) Attested copy of Disability certificate;
iv) Course fee receipt if any, duly paid during the academic session;
v) Receipt/Invoice of eligible assistive devices duly countersigned by the authorized signatory of the institution.
vi) In case of continuation of scholarship in a succeeding year, a copy of the mark sheet of the preceding year.
For further details, please visit website of NHFDC “www.nhfdc.nic.in” or contact: NHFDC at, Telephone nos. 0129 – 2226910, 2287512, 2287513 Fax no. 0129 – 2284371, E-mail – email@example.com