Accelerating Action to Make the Rights Real
The Ministerial Declaration proclaimed in 2012 for the Asia and Pacific Decade of Disabled Persons, 2013 to 2022, adopted the Incheon Strategy to Make the Rights Real.
Two years into the Third A/P Decade, APDF, in cooperation with international organizations and other member organizations, will organize the first APDF conference to review recent developments and deliberating on new strategies.
The Vietnam Federation on Disability (VFD), supported by the Vietnamese Government, is honored to host the APDF 2014 Conference under the motto 2 Years Accelerating Action to Make the Rights Real!
- 26 November 2014, Wednesday, morning: APDF Executive Committee
- 26 November 2014, Wednesday, afternoon: APDF General Assembly, and open to all registered Conference participants
- APDF Conference: 27-28 November 2014, Thursday and Friday
- Post Conference Field Trips: 29 November 2014, Saturday APDF
- Poverty reduction and access to human rights of persons with disabilities
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Incheon Strategy and post-2015 development strategies
- Participation and access of young people with disabilities in the Third Asian and Pacific Decade of Disabled Persons, 2013-2022
APDF members, all stakeholders concerned with disability, international and regional NGOs are welcome. The conference will provide an excellent opportunity for participants to share the voices and challenges of millions of people with disabilities in the Asia Pacific region; and good practices to promote the common mission of “Make the Rights Real”. We shall discuss and review the advancement of past 2 years as well as identifying effective change strategies.
This Conference will also provide excellent opportunities for people with disabilities, disability advocates, service providers, and policy makers in the Asia Pacific region to join hands to accelerate the Incheon Strategy to Make the Rights Real, to review the achievements of the first two years, and identifying future challenges and figuring our effective strategies.
Hanoi Melia Hotel, Hanoi, | Vietnam
for More details contact
Tel/Fax: +84 4 373 49607
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Web : http://lienhiephoinguoikhuyettat.com.vn
Download PDF: APDF2014 Announcement
(pdf, 408 kB)
Download Doc: Program for Conference
(doc, 62 kB)
Download DOC: APDF2014 Registration Form
(doc, 59 kB)
Download DOC: APDF2014 Presentation Paper
(doc, 39 kB)