This is a special school for the visually impaired, founded in e year 1980, August 18th, by the Brothers of the Sacred Hearth of Jesus. Ref. Br. A. Thomas SHJ was the founder of the Institution. It is a Government recognized school for the Blind. Ref. I. Mathalai Muthu SHJ is the present Director and Correspondent.
- 1. To empower visually challended 100 children of Amalarakkini School for the blind by giving adequate training to sharpen their inner skill of music.
- 2. The music school will serve the children of surrounding “Dhalit” community who have no access to learn music.
- 3. To train gifted musicians in the school to enable them to perform at professional level in the Richard Walsh music troop.
- 4. To promote employment opportunity through Richard Walsh school of music.
- Richard Walsh school of music should be registered to get Govt, reorganization.
- Regional cultural Folks needs attention later.
- “Parrai” will be taught – used for awareness street programmer.
- “Villupattu” Threakothu, Pommalattam and Karagattam will be included.
Separate Richard Walsh School Block be erected with the facility of separate class rooms, Recording Room and Practice Room.
- Richard Walsh school students will be given separate I.D. Cards
- The Orchestra needs separate uniforms
- For the practice purpose one more set of acoustic music instruments.
- I would appreciate if the school has a full time music teacher.
- The teachers should be given special training.
- A Band set with Band Master will add more touch to Richard Walsh Music troop.
- Promotion of scholarship.
Director & Correspondent
Rev. Bro.I.Mathalai Muthu SHJ. M.Sc.,M.Ed.,M.Phil
Amalarakkini School for the Blind
Amali Nagar-Susainagar-632 326