The Anbalaya Handicapped Rehabilitation Centre Trust was established on 31st July, 2000 at Thondi, Ramanathapuram District (Reg.No. 682/2000) in the view of serving mentally retarded children and physically challenged people. On the date onwards the trust is serving for the community. Through our trust we have done various rehabilitation measures to the community. The Anbalaya Special School was established on 15th September, 2003. Totally 42 mentally retarded children belongs to very poor public are enrolled. Of them 20 are female and 22 are male. All the disable children are in the age group of 6 to 18 years.
Our organization has conducted may programmes in the view of creating awareness’ and welfare of the people.
- Aids Awareness programme
- Tree Plantation
- Old Age Home
- Home for Hearing Impaired
- Child Labour Eradication and Education
- Community Hospitals
- Day care centres for Severely Retarded children
- Rehabilitation Centre for Drug Addicts
- Reading and Writing skills.
- Arithmetic – Time and Money concepts.
- Psycho-social intervention for parents.
- Counseling for parents for handling the children.
- Vocational Training and Guidance.
- Sports and Physical excellence
- Conducted Bridge courses for the drop out children under SSA (Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan) scheme in 10 centers. And residential training centers for the drop out children. Also rendered service in mainstreaming them to the normal education.
- In the field of AIDS we conducted the programme of PPTC and counseled many pregnant mothers and those affected by HIV, and also assisted to rehabilitate them.
- Awareness campaigns in schools regarding AIDS awareness and prevention.
- Early Intervention centre for the physically and mentally challenged children below 5 years.
- Guidance and counseling programme for the parents of the disabled children.
- Provided lot of helps to the needed disable children as well as disabled adults and women.
- Various programmes in the view of creating awareness to the poor about the services rendered by the government to the community and how to get the help.
Anbalaya Handicapped Rehabilitation Centre Trust
Tamilnadu .South India 623 409