It is a non – residential Special School providing Special Education and Vocational Training recognised by State Govt. and registered by the Govt. of India.It was started in 1996 with the sole aim of “Hope to the Ignorant” and teaching them the principle of “We teach, God helps”. Bethshan is a Hebrew word which means “House of Security”.It aims at making them independent as far as possible with all available means and scientific approaches.
To deliver maximum physical and mental support to the Mentally Challenged Children to adjust themselves to live in the Society with their support; they are helped in such a way that they don’t feel their disabilities.
We have been using all the modern technologies, equipment to habilitate the Mentally Challenged children to the best of our ability, helping them to be as independent as they could be.
1. Screening and Assessment(I.Q and Skill behaviour areas)
2. Special Education – Ecology based curriculum
3. Habilitation Services-Therapeutics like Physio, Speech, Occupational, Yoga, Music and Play.
4. Medical Intervention
5. Behaviour Therapy & Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
6.Vocational Training catering to Adult Girls – Typewriting & Tailoring
7. Base-Centre (Bethshan Adult Student Employment Unit) – It is a job training and placement training center for them in the following trades – Photocopy, Spiral binding, Lamination and Screen printing.
8. Counselling to the parents & family members
9. Family tours & recreation programmes
10. Library facility to staff & family
11. Mini shop to enhance money concept
12. Home Based Programmes
13. Early Intervention Programme
14. Literature work
BETHSHAN SPECIAL SCHOOL
2/19, Koodal Nagar, Madurai – 625018, Tamil Nadu
The Evangelical Baptist Mission, 22 TPK, Main Road,Pykara, Pin – 625004, Tamil Nadu Head:
Co-ordinator: Mr. R. Ravi Kumar
Phone No. : 0452-2660770 (O) 5537171 (R )
View Larger Map