CASH PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES (Rs.300/- for General & OBC Category
Candidates and Rs. 50/- for others as postage charges .)
AT ANY UNION BANK OF INDIA BRANCH ACROSS INDIA
OPENING DATE for making ON-LINE Applications after Payment of Fees : 04.10.2011
LAST DATE FOR MAKING ON-LINE APPLICATION : 24.10.2011
TENTATIVE DATE OF WRITTEN/ONLINE EXAMINATION: : 11.12.2011
1: NAME OF THE POST:
|POST CODE|| |
|NO. OF VACANCIES||AGE #|
(As on 04.10.2011)
Executive (on contract)
|Min – 21 & Max – 30 years|
# Relaxation for Reserved (SC / ST / OBC/XSM/PWD) Category as per Para 4.
The selection process may involve written Test (ONLINE OR OFFLINE) & or Group Discussion & or a Personal Interview. The Bank reserves the absolute right to decide as to whether to hold all or any of the modes of Written Test (ONLINE OR OFFLINE)& / or Group Discussion & /or Personal Interview for selection of the candidates to the respective post. The Bank also reserves the right to alter the structure of the written examination depending upon factors like number of eligible applications, etc.
2: ABBREVIATIONS & DEFINITIONS:
1. Category of Persons:
SC – Scheduled Caste; ST – Scheduled Tribe;
OBC – Other Backward Classes; XSM – Ex–Servicemen
PWD – Person with Disability: OC— Orthopaedically Challenged.
VI – Visually Impaired (Blind / Partially Blind / Low Vision).
HI — Hearing Impaired.
2. An Orthopaedically Challenged (OC) person is one having a minimum of 40% physical defect or deformity which causes interference with the normal functioning of the bones, muscles and joints and is so certified by a Medical Board appointed by the State Government. Only those who fall in the following categories are eligible to apply:
BL – Both Legs Affected but not Arms;
OA – One Arm Affected (Right or Left) – (a) Impaired Reach; (b) Weakness of Grip; (c) Ataxia;
OL – One Leg Affected (Right or Left);
MW – Muscular Weakness & Limited Physical Endurance.
3. Visually Impaired (VI):
(a) Visually Impaired refers to a person who suffers from either of the following conditions:
(i) Total absence of sight,
(ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses, Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse and so certified by a Medical Board appointed by the State Government.
(b) A person with Low Vision means one with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment of standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
4.Deaf & Hearing Impaired (HI):
(a) Deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary purposes of life, i.e. with total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear and understand sounds at all – even with amplified speech.
(b) Hearing impairment means loss of more than 60 decibels in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
5. Use of a Scribe / Paper Writer:
A SCRIBE / PAPER WRITER, to write the written test / examination, on behalf of a Visually Impaired (VI) [Blind] candidate, and candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy may be used. In all such cases where a Scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
1. The candidate will have to arrange his / her own Scribe at his / her own cost.
2. The Scribe, where he / she assists in writing for the post of Specialist Officers he / she should be from an academic discipline / stream different from that of the candidate.
3. The academic qualification of the Scribe should be one grade lower than the eligibility criteria stipulated for the post, i.e., where the eligibility criteria stipulated is Graduation, the scribe‘s qualification should not be more than HSC / XIth / PUC and should possess marks less than the candidate and not more than 60% in his own academic stream.
4. Both the candidate as well as the Scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the Scribe fulfils all the above stipulated eligibility criteria. In case it later
transpires that the scribe did not fulfill any of the laid down eligibility criteria or had suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled,
irrespective of the result of the written examination.
5. Candidates who use a Scribe will be eligible for extra time @ 20 minutes for every one hour of the examination.
3: Reservation in Posts:
Reservation in posts for different categories of persons is as under:
|S.No.||SC||ST||OBC||UR||TOTAL POSTS||Within which|
As the Reservation for Persons With Disabilities (PWD) Category candidates is on a horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category to which they belong (viz. SC, ST, OBC, and General).
a) Reservation in posts for different categories of persons, including backlog under the respective reservation categories is as indicated above .
The Reservation for Persons With Disabilities (PWD) in posts where the candidate will be in a position to discharge his duties required of the post as envisaged under ‘The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights & Full Participation) Act, 1995′ will be as follows : OC – X, VI – X, HI – X.
As the Reservation for Persons With Disabilities (PWD) Category candidates is on a horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category to which they belong (viz. SC, ST, OBC)
|APPLICATION PRINTOUT REPRINT|
|EDIT/ UPDATE APPLICATION DETAILS|