Disability Identify Card Scheme for disability (Blind, Short-sighted, Deaf, Bone-related deficiency, Psychological deficiency, Psychological illness) persons :-
(1) Eligibility for availing Handicapped Identity Card.
- The handicapped persons must be of above 40% disabilities.
- Deaf persons,
- Blind persons
- Mentally retarded persons whose brilliancy rate is 70 or below.
- Permanent resident of Gujarat State,
- The benefit of this scheme is to give Identity Cards to the handicapped persons.
(2) The benefits available on Handicapped Identity Card :
- For availing the benefits of Government Schemes.
(3) Documents to be attached with the Application Form for availing the Handicapped Identity Cards :
- Certificate showing the percentage from Specialist Doctor of relevant Department.
- 2 stamp size recent photos,
- Xerox copy of Ration Card,
- Proof of permanent resident of Gujarat State,
- Certificate of Blood Group,
- Application Forms are available free of cost from the District Social Security Department.
- Certificate of Income,
- Application Forms should be submitted to the District Social Security Department, which office will check the documents and do the procedure to give Identity Cards.