Disha Foundation is a registered charitable trust established on November 16, 2006 at Chennai. The founders and the members of Disha are mostly youngsters in the mid twenties, from different localities and backgrounds. Disha’s motto is to light as many lives as possible and as it signifies, our mission is to make a positive change in the lives of as many needy as possible, by means of education, support and empowerment. Our main activities have been
- to support the education of visually challenged by means of scholarship as well as volunteering as readers, scribes, friends and counselors
- to give career guidance, orientation programmes and scholarships for the under-privileged and rural students
- raising funds to provide Medical aid for life saving treatments of poor (particularly small babies) and connecting them with resources such as blood donors as well as with other orgs / trusts
- Being a friendly benefactor to the destitute childrens homes
- Promoting social consciousness among the youth
Our prime area of activities has been Tamilnadu and our volunteer base is spread across Chennai, Bangalore as well as abroad. Our passion to work for such noble causes has been driving us forward and keeps the team going.
The founders and all members share a youthful mindset, the background of an engineering or management education, a job in the IT services industry in India, creative talent and a spirit to stand up for our cause and help our beneficiaries.
Disha Foundation, AK-9, 11th Main Road, Anna Nagar, Chennai 600040
Phone: 044-26211647, 9941014591
E-Mail : email@example.com