Faculty Positions for Persons with Disabilities
Location: Kashmere Gate, Delhi
Job Type: Education
Job Position : 1SHS0414 – Professor- (Disability Studies)(School of Human Studies)
SCALES OF PAY: INR
Professor: Rs.37,400-67,000 (PB-4) + AGP Rs.10,000
Associate Professor : Rs.37,400-67,000 (PB-4) + AGP Rs.9,000
Assistant Professor : Rs.15,600 – 39,100 (PB-3) + AGP Rs.6000
Job Publish Date : June 04, 2014
Last Date : June 30, 2014
Hiring Organization : Ambedkar University, Delhi
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for faculty positions (Professor, Associate Professor,
Assistant Professor) in the following Schools/Centres of Studies as detailed below:
I School of Culture and Creative Expressions: Associate Professor- 1 (OH)
II School of Human Studies: Professor- 1 *(OH) (Disability Studies)
III School of Law, Governance and Citizenship: Assistant Professor- 1 (VH)
IV School of Liberal Studies: Assistant Professor- 1 (VH) (Comparative Literature and Translation Studies)
I. Centre for English Language Teaching:Associate Professor-1* (VH)
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of ten publications as books and/ or research / policy papers
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/ college, and/or experience in research at the University/ National level institutions/ reputed professional institutions, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching/ learning process.
- An outstanding professional or scholar with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to knowledge in the concerned / allied/ relevant discipline, to be substantiated with credentials.
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned / allied / relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / reputed professional institutions excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research / policy papers
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching/ learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree from a University in India (recognized by the UGC) or from a university abroad shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
If interested in this position, apply online here or email to your resume, along with documents and a cover letter to email@example.com.