Frontline Eye Hospital is offering high tech, super speciality eye care in the field of Ophthalmology since 1994 with all state of the art equipments.It was established by Dr.N.Krishnan M.S.,D.O., a former Senior Consultant in Sankara Nethralaya.
Frontline has an Institutional approach in a private clinic to make similar facilities available to the rural population and also to the underprivileged at an affordable cost.
What is low vision?
Many people have less than normal sight event after undergoing treatments like spectacle correction or sugeries.
How do you define low vision medically?
Visual acuity less than 6/18 to perception of light or visual field less than 10″ in the better eye with best possible correction ( WHO )
Can it be cured?
No. But it can be enhanced.
What causes low vision?
- Age releated macular degeneration
- Advanced diabetic rethnopathy
- Retinis pigmentosa
- Congentival visulal loss…
What are the most prescribed devices?
- Spectable lenses
- Handheld, stand and digital magnifiers
- Absorptive lenses
- Electronic video devices
- Screen enlargers & screen reading software
What are the services for infants and young children with low vision?
- Vision stimulation activities
- Parental guidance
- Traning in special areas like visual skills, abacus, braille, orientation & mobility, activities of daily living etc.
- General Ophthalmology
- Glaucoma Service
- Cornea Service
- Medical & Surgical Retina
- Squint & Oculoplasty Service
- Social outreach programme
- Kothai Eye Bank
- Low Vision Rehabilitation
Phone : 044 24338299, 044 24338399
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org