Age: 55 years
Occupation: Principal, Govt.Junior College, Puthalapattu, Chittoor Dt. Andhra Pradesh
Nature of disability: Polio affecting the right upper limb & left lower limb
Education: M.A. (English Literature), Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
Peer Group: His school mates loved him and never for a moment he was discriminated. He is proud to have half a dozen Doctors, an IAS, an IRS & a Brigadier among his school mates who are still in close contact.
Family: He is happily married to a normal woman who looks after him as a child. His only son has just completed his MD in General Medicine from Christian Medical College, Vellore.
1. Favorite movie(s)
2. Favorite books
3. Favorite color
4. Craziest thing that you have ever done in your life
Starting a Granite unit to help the needy & failing in it.
5. Most Valuable thing that you have purchased till now?
An Indica Car
6. If you are marooned on an island what 5 things you would like to keep with you?
My wife, pet, laptop, tonnes of milk powder & coffee powder.
7. Favorite food
8. Your biggest strength
My friends & family.
9. If you take birth again, who would you like to be born as?
10. The thing(s) that you hate?
11. The first thing you do right after awaking up in the morning?
Talking to my pet dog,Rana.
12. The last thing you before falling asleep in the night?
Whether my pet is comfortable.
13. You prefer sons or daughters?
14. Oft-repeated word/sentence by you?
“No shortcut to success”
15. If world is going to be destroyed in next 5 minutes. What would you do during this time?
Try to help someone in distress
16. What was your resolution on the new year?
Stop Smoking.I could do it after 8 months.
17. The best gift that somebody can offer to you?
Leaving me alone.
18. Your bedroom take fire what would you rescue at first?
19. The town/country that you want to visit?
20. If you can meet one person of your choice, dead or alive, known or not, who would this be?
21. If you could change one thing your past, what would it be?
1. Did you find any problems while you were doing your studies..I mean did lack of infrastructure in the Indian scenario pose any kind of problems for you?
I had Polio in 1956 & I was almost normal up to 1997 when I had a freak accident involving my good leg i.e. the left one which resulted in fractures to the tibia & fibula. That was when I was 42 years. Now I find everything to be disabled unfriendly.
2. How do you manage your day to day activities…a brief description…i.e. with somebody’s help or you are able to cope up with routine activities yourself?
As of today I manage all my day-to-day activities all by myself
3.How did you can your wife/husband came you got together…was it a love marriage or an arranged one?
Ours is an arranged marriage
4.How do your kids and wife take your physical status?
My only son & wife never speak about it.
5.What would you like to change in your life if you got one chance to change?
I would like to change my perception about life of the disabled.
6.Do you feel India is a disabled friendly country? What all needs to be done?
India is not disabled friendly.Barrier-free environment for the disabled must be strictly implemented.Even after 15 years of the passing of the PWD Act nothing much has been done.
7.Have you ever felt any kind of emotional outbursts or complexes due to your physical status? If yes then how could you manage it??
Never.I always believed that I am normal.
8.What are your hobbies or leisure time activities?
Net surfing. I am fond of Facebook.
9.How do you react when somebody pities you?
I ignore them.
10.What message you would like to give to the persons suffering from some kind disabilities?
“Never see yourself as disabled,think that you are differently able”
11.Have you ever been discriminated because of your disability?
Now in my career after 32 years of service in the govt.