Persons with Visually Impaired 2014 (Blindness)
Blindness refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely
- Total absence of sight
- Visual Acuity not exceeding in the better eye with correcting lenses 6/60 or 20/200
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse
- Low vision means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who is or potentially capable of using vision for Uses in the planning or execution of a task with appropriate Assistive device.
Persons with Hearing Impaired 2014 (Deaf)
Those are the deaf persons in whom the sense of hearing is non functional for ordinary purposes of life ie
- Hearing impairment means loss of 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the Conversational range of frequencies.
- Total loss of hearing in both ears
- They do not hear, understand sounds at all even with amplified speech.
Persons with orthopaedically Challenged (OC)
Only Those locomotor disability or cerebral palsy orthopaedically Challenged candidates with locomotor impairment who have a minimum of 40% of the fall in the following categories and only Those who are eligible to apply:
- BL – Both legs affected but not arms
- OA – One arm affected (R or L)
- a) Impaired reach;
- b) weakness of grip;
- c) ataxia
- OL – One leg affected (R or L)
- MW – Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance
More Details http://www.ibps.in/