Text-to-Speech (TTS) is computer software which renders the machine readable text into Human Voice. The TTS software allows people with visual impairments or reading disabilities to listen to written text and works on a computer or a mobile device.
A screen reader is a software application that attempts to identify and interpret what is being displayed on the screen with text-to-speech, sound icons, or a Braille output device.
TTS software Specifications:
- Works with both for Windows & Linux
- Major Indian Languages Covered: Hindi , Bengali , Marathi , Tamil , Telugu and Malayalam
- Good Voice Quality (Mean Opinion Score more than 3.0)
- Can be used as Web based service in future
Integrated with Screen Reader:
1. Windows 7, Windows XP based NVDA (2010.1) Screen Reader for Indian Languages
2. Linux ORCA: Screen Reader for Indian Languages
TTS Consortium Partners:
IIT Madras (Consortia Leader)
For Text to Speech CD Request Contact:
Prof. Hema Murthy
source : http://www.tdil-dc.in/index.php?option=com_vertical&parentid=82&lang=en