New Delhi India
Occupational Category: Education Specialist
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Description: Keystone Institute India.
Keystone Institute India [a program of Keystone Human Services International], is seeking an education specialist who wants to be a part of assisting people with disability to live rich, full community lives. We are looking for someone with boundless optimism and a desire to change the world. Reporting to the Director, this position will be responsible to coordinate, facilitate, and provide education and consultation in progressive areas of disability service, consistent with Social Role Valorization and Keystone’s Mission and Vision. The education specialist will be responsible to design and implement high quality training events and will forge alliances and connections with disability sector leaders as the program works to mentor and develop new leaders and partnerships for Keystone Institute India, and educational institute on disability, community and innovation. This full-time position (40 hours/week) is based in New Delhi and reports to the Associate Director. The Education Specialist will be responsible to communicate, coordinate and collaborate with people with disabilities and their families, disability advocates, government, and allied organizations.
- Provide consultation, follow-up, and support to disability organizations across India.
- Identify needs, participate in and facilitate planning processes, and arrange for other consultants as needed.
- Develop and implement education program for Keystone Institute India, in close collaboration with Director.
- Provide presentations and consultation at a variety of engagement events and related workshops as well as at leadership and values based educational events.
- Develop workshops, keynotes, seminars, study groups, conferences, symposiums and courses, on a variety of topics.
- Utilize strong competencies in Social Role Valorization and educational strategies.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships and exchanges with international disability and SRV experts.
- Lead workshops, retreats, and educational events in the area of person centered support, SRV, and organizational vision and values.
- Develop materials, workshops publications and reports related to Keystone Institute India’s work.
- Develop and maintain strong competency in SRV theory and implementation.
- Develop, publish and markets Keystone Institute India’s annual education schedule.
- Coordinate educational events to include identifying venues, marketing events, and working with Administrative Coordinator in setting up, assisting with registration, hospitality and participant communication.
- Develop and continually enhance competency in SRV theory and implementation, establishing a reputation over time as an SRV expert.
- Lead or facilitate workshops, retreat and events in the area of Keystone Institute India vision and values.
- Obtain and maintain the knowledge base to teach Social Role Valorization as a framework for designing and providing good service.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, acting as a role model and advocate in the promulgation of organizational values.
- Maintain required documents, records and files.
- Develop positive and productive relationships with agency employees, stakeholders, funders, consultants, allied external professionals, advocates and families.
- Manage program expenditures within budgetary limits.
- PhD or comparable post graduate degree desirable in social work, human services, psychology, adult education, or related field, with 10 to 12 years professional experience.
- At least five years of experience in service to people with disability, including significant experience in presenting or teaching.
- Significant exposure to and experience within the intellectual, developmental, and mental health fields within India.
- Knowledge of and strong familiarity with progressive ideas about disability, consistent with an orientation towards inclusion, social justice and change agentry.
- A positive reputation within the disability field in India.
- A willingness to gain proficiency in the principles of Social Role Valorization (SRV).
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Significant experience teaching and working in the disability or human services sector
- Experience with conducting national-level educational events, workshops, and seminars
- Demonstrative commitment to building an inclusive society
- Seasoned educator/presenter with a demonstrated history of related accomplishments
- A broad perspective of community building and capacity building across organizations
- Creative, dynamic, flexible individual
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what is needed for success
- Has a strong, positive reputation in the field and demonstrated teaching skills
- Can manage well with multiple priorities, time and budget constraints, and complex arena in which the work will be done.
- Articulate, powerful public speaker, communicates effectively both in writing and spoken word. Fluent in English and Hindi.
- Ability to work in close collaboration with multiple partners, is trustworthy and a person who unites people together.
- Has an unwavering loyalty to the well-being of people with disability, treats all people with dignity and respect, role models good relationships and interactions with people with disabilities.
- Ability and eagerness to learn new things and new ways of doing things that may challenge one’s existing mindsets – a life-long learner.
- Willing to travel extensively within India, and occasionally outside of India – Valid passport holder a plus.
- Able to work fluctuating work hours – evenings, early mornings, and weekends, as needed to stay connected with program leadership in the U.S.A., and as dictated by program activities and priorities
- This position is performed within an office setting as well as at various locations throughout the community.
- The position requires frequent use of the telephone, computer, and audio-visual equipment, and includes frequent national travel and possible international travel.
- A passionate belief in the potential for an inclusive society, and a belief in the mission and core values of Keystone Human Service.
- Able to present in front of diverse groups of varying size.
- Act as a role model and advocate of SRV and community inclusion.
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people of diverse cultures, personalities, styles, and approaches.
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, a copy of your resume (CV), and the names and contact information for 3 references including previous employers to:KeystoneIndia@keystonehumanservices.org
Application Deadline: Rolling until filled.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Date Posted: 2017-02-08