Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for filling up the following posts in Center for Sign language and Deaf Studies in U.P.V.U. Dr. Shakuntala Misra University, Lucknow.
Sign language interpreter & Language support officer (2 posts)
University:Dr. Shakuntala Misra University, Lucknow
Base salary: INR 20,000
- To provide comprehensive sign language interpreting services in a variety of situations on campus and, occasionally, off campus.
- To provide translations from sign language into English/Hindi and vice versa for deaf staff and students
- To provide one-on-one and small-group language support services for deaf students.
- Where applicable, to produce sign language materials on video.
- To provide note taking services for deaf staff and students in a variety of meetings, lectures, conferences, and seminars.
- To contribute to the organisational aspects of interpreting services for deaf staff and students.
- To keep up to date with, and continuously expand knowledge in, the academic fields of sign language and deaf studies, to an extent reasonable and necessary for performing interpreting and language support duties.
- To work in an integrated team with other interpreting and administrative staff.
- To ensure a supportive environment for staff and a positive student experience.
- To perform any other duties, consistent with the above, as assigned by superiors.
Graduate in any subject
Indian Sign Language certification at minimum level B or equivalent (from a RCI recognized centre) OR 10 years of experience in sign language interpreting & 2 years formal or informal work experience in sign language interpreting
- High level of fluency in English and Hindi
- Graduate or post-graduate in a subject relevant to the particular academic environment
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Stress resilient, goal-oriented and efficient