Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for filling up the following posts in Center for Sign language and Deaf Studies in U.P.V.U. Dr. Shakuntala Misra University, Lucknow.
Teacher of Deaf in Bridge Programme for Deaf(3 posts)
University:Dr. Shakuntala Misra University, Lucknow
Base salary: INR 25,000
- To engage in high-quality teaching in programmes and courses in the area of applied sign
linguistics and the Bachelor Preparation Programme.
- To contribute to the continuous development and updating of high-quality courses.
- To provide one-on-one and small-group language support services for deaf students.
- To produce high-quality teaching and learning materials for students.
- To participate in assessment and quality assurance processes for the taught programmes.
- To undertake a selection of academic roles pertaining to the taught programmes as a whole
as appropriate, such as report writing, coordinating interpreting support, coordinating
technical support for students, student counselling, maintaining relationships with external
organisations for work placements, relationship with student representatives, staff
- To contribute to collaborative research projects in the field of applied sign linguistics.
- To attend and present at national and international conferences, workshops, and similar
- To contribute to outreach and awareness-raising activities about sign languages and deaf
- To participate in meetings, workshops and decision-making processes of diverse groups and
teams locally and in the wider University. To continuously work towards a profile of excellence in academics and student support in collaboration with other academic, administrative, technical and support staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Applied Sign Language Studies (BA awarded or candidate expected to complete the degree course by July 2014)
Experience in working with deaf sign language users High level of fluency in Indian Sign Language and English High level of computer literacy
- Certified work experience in a relevant sector