Justice and the rights of homeless persons with psychosocial needs
There is a need to better understand these models, what they mean to clients accessing them and how person centered and need based approaches to care may help to build appropriate, collaborative and robust responses to address distress. These innovations need to be shared, discussed and adapted across similar sociopolitical contexts through joint research, implementation and capacity building. With these objectives in mind, The Banyan and BALM, in collaboration with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and New York University’s McSilver Poverty Institute have organized this international conference, with a focus on the ‘Global South’.
launch at this conference:
1. The Global South Initiative (GSI) on mental health and social vulnerabilities, anchored by The Banyan, that aims to bring together practitioners working in the field of mental health, deprivation, poverty etc, from low resource settings to share best practices and challenges.
2. The India Homelessness Resource Network, anchored by the Centre for Policy Research, similar to the GSI in philosophy, with a deeper focus on homelessness and associated problems.
Like to invite researchers, practitioners, users, carers and academicians from different cultural backgrounds to share their experiences in the context of homelessness and mental illness; explore challenges involved in executing interventions, state responses and policies, and most importantly address concerns around dignity of care and ethical dilemmas surrounding involuntary commitment of persons with mental health issues.
- Demonstrating the efficacy of pathbreaking innovations
- Culture of compassion and dignity
- Ethical and pragmatic dilemmas of psychiatric treatment
- Promoting social Inclusion
- Housing First, United States
- Home Again, India
- The India Homelessness Resource Network
- Global South Initiative for Social Action in Mental Health
Starts: 1st September, 2016
Ends: 3rd September, 2016
For Registrations Please Contact
Mrinalini Ravi ( Conference Coordinator)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Phone : 26530504, 26530599