M.S. Chellamuthu Trust and Research Foundation is a registered Non-Profit, Non-Government, Secular Organisation founded in the year 1992 by Dr. C.Ramasubramanian, Consultant Psychiatrist in the temple city of Madurai.
To enhance the Quality of Life of the Persons with Mental Disabilities and facilitate their reintegration in the environment of their choice.
- To assess the Psycho- Social needs of the persons with mental disabilities and offer individualized psychosocial services that would enhance their quality of life.
- Mobilize resources both within and outside the community, for the rehabilitation of the persons with mental disabilities
- Educate parents and thereby ensure better participation in the process of rehabilitation.
- Work towards the elimination of stigma in the community.
- Mobilize social support that would facilitate the process of reintegration.
- Initiate research in the field of rehabilitation and contribute knowledge development.
- Network with similar organizations and lobby for the rights of the persons suffering from mental disabilities.
INSTITUTION BASED PROGRAMMES
- Centre for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Persons with Mental Retardation
- Centre for the Rehabilitation of the persons Dependent on Alcohol and Drugs
- Centre for Vocational Rehabilitation and Placement
- Centre for Research and Development.
COMMUNITY BASED PROGRAMMES
- Community Mental Health Project
- Priyam-Suicide Prevention Centre
- SUPPORTIVE PROGRAMMES
- SUBITCHAM – Family Fellowship consisting of 250 members
- SYNERGY – Siblings Network
- Networking and Lobbying
- Persons with mental illness
- Children & Persons with mental retardation
- Persons dependent on Alcohol and Drugs.
- Medical Management
- Activities of Daily Living
- Social skills Training
- Behaviour Modification
- Occupational Therapy
- Horticulture Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Psycho Education
- Bibilio Therapy
- Creative Therapies
- Yoga Therapy
- Special Education
- Vocational Training and Placement
Members of Professional Team
- Special Educators
- Occupational terapists
- Social workers
- Vocational instructors
- Speech therapists
- Creative Therapists
You can help us by sponsoring…
US$ 75 per month will provide support for medical and food expenses and education expenses/vocational training of a child/adult suffering from mental disabilities. Alternatively you can support the following different expenses individually:
US $ 40 per month (approx. Rs. 1500/-) towards meeting the food expenses of a person with Mental illness.
US $ 25 per month (approx. Rs. 1000/-) towards meeting the medical expenses of a person with Mental Illness
US $ 10 per month (approx. Rs. 500/-) towards the education of a child with Mental Retardation
US $ 10 per month (approx. Rs.500/-) per month towards vocational training
643, K.K.Nagar, Madurai – 625 020.
+91 – 452 – 258 6448
+91 – 452 – 258 0769
+91 – 452 – 258 0442