Mother Mary Educational Trust is a non-profit, non-political and non-sectarian non-governmental organisation formed for the welfare of mentally retarded and otherwise disabled children of Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu State, India, founded and headed by Mrs. Rachal Vinitha Rani, a trained teacher in the field of Special Education of the Mentally Retarded.
The absorption into the mainstream social life and healthy self-reliant well-being of mentally retarded and otherwise physically and mentally challenged children so that they will be able to lead a normal or, at least, a near-normal life.
Ensuring the self-reliance of physically and mentally challenged children through education, skill training and vocational training and helping them through all available means including conducting of medical camps, supply of aids and appliances and conducted tour programmes so that they will be able to lead a normal or near-normal life.
Mother Mary Special School for Mentally Retarded was founded with the objective of making the mentally retarded children get training and education to become self-reliant and normal members of the mainstream society.
The objectives of the School are
- To provide a proper school climate to the mentally challenged children
- To establish a good play ground and allied facilities for play therapy
- To start vocational training facilities in tailoring, candle-making, chalk-piece making, mat weaving and toy making
- To establish a good physiotherapy unit with modern equipments
- To arrange occupational therapy facilities for the children
- To acquire four-wheeler transportation for safe transit of children
- To establish a research centre on physically and mentally challenged children and their training and education