Invitation of Applications for the National Award for the empowerment of persons with disabilities, 2014.
Applications are invited for the National Award for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities under the following categories :-
- Best Employee/Self-employed with disabilities;
- Best Employer and Placement Officer or Agency ;
- Best Individual and Institution working for the cause of persons with disabilities;
- Role Model;
- Best Applied Research/Innovation or Product Development aimed at improving the life of persons with disabilities ;
- Outstanding Work in the Creation of Barrier-free Environment for the persons with disabilities ;
- Best District in providing rehabilitation service ;
- Best State Channelising Agency of the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation ;
- Outstanding Creative Adult persons with disabilities ;
- Best Creative Child with disabilities;
- Best Braille Press;
- Best Accessible Website;
- Best State in promoting empowerment of persons with disabilities;
- Best Sport person with disability.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates or establishment or institutions fulfilling the prescribed criteria. The applications should be in Hindi or English only. Criteria laid down for each of the above categories of awards, and full details of the Scheme of National Awards may be seen on the website of the Ministry (www.socialjustice.nic.in).
The applications of those employed in the Central/State Government/Union Territory Administrations/Public Sector Undertakings should be sent in the prescribed proforma (either in Hindi or in English only) through the Ministry/Department/State Government/ Union Territory Administration/Public Sector Undertaking concerned duly approved by the competent authority in such Govt./Administration/Undertaking.
In case of others (including self-employed, those in the private sector organizations/unorganized sector and sportspersons), applications should be routed through and recommended by one of the following:-
- Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration dealing with disability matters.
- Central Ministry/Department dealing with the relevant subject or area.
- A National Institute (under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment or Health and Family Welfare) dealing with rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities.
- Principal Secretary/Secretary, Welfare of the concerned State.
- Collector of the concerned District.
- A past recipient of National Award for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
Application not routed in the manner provided in paras 2 to 4 above will not be entertained.
Applications in the prescribed proforma should be accompanied by the following:-
- Two passport sized photographs (in the case of individuals).
- Bio-data along with summary of achievements and documents in support thereof; and
- Draft citation (not exceeding one page)
Application duly recommended and complete in all respect should be sent to Shri O.P. Dogra, Director, Department of Disability Affairs, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Room No. 642, ‘A’ Wing, 6th Floor, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi- 110 001, so as to reach him latest by 15th July, 2014. Applications received after the last date and/or not recommended by the prescribed authority/persons will not be entertained.
Source : http://socialjustice.nic.in/pdf/ad-nawarde-2014.pdf