Applications are invited for the National Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities under each of the following categories:-
- Best Employees/Self-employed with disabilities;
- Best Employers and Placement Officer/Agency;
- Best Individual (including professional) and Best Institution working for the cause of persons with disabilities;
- Role Model Awards;
- Best Applied Research/Innovation/Product Development aimed at improving the life of persons with disabilities;
- Outstanding Work in Creation of Barrier-free Environment for the persons with disabilities;
- Best District in providing rehabilitation services;
- Best Local Level Committee of the National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities;
- Best State Channelising Agency of the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation;
- Outstanding Creative Adult with disabilities;
- Best Creative Child with disabilities;
- Best Braille Press; and
- Best Accessible Website.
- Applications are invited from persons, organisations and institutions fulfilling the prescribed criteria. The applications should be in Hindi or English only. Criteria laid down for each of the above categories of awards, and full details of the Scheme of National Awards, 2011 may be seen on the Ministry’s accessible website (www. socialjustice.nic.in)
- The applications of those employed in the Central / State Governments / Union Territory Administrations / Public Sector Undertakings should be sent in the prescribed proforma (either in Hindi or in English only) through the Ministry /Department/ State Government/ Union Territory Administration/Public Sector Undertaking concerned duly recommended by the competent authority in such Govt./Administration/Undertaking.
- In case of others (including self-employed and those in private sector organizations/ unorganized sector), applications should be routed through and recommended by, one of the following:-
- Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration, dealing with disability matters.
- Central Ministry/Department dealing with the relevant subject or area.
- A National Institute (under the Ministries of Social Justice or Health and Family Welfare) dealing with rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities.
- Collector of the District where the applicant individual/institution is located.
- A past recipient of a National Award for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
4. Applications not routed in the manner provided in paras 2 & 3 above will not be entertained.
5. Applications in the prescribed proforma should be accompanied by the following:-
- Two passport size photographs (in the case of individuals),
- Bio-data, along-with summary of achievements and documents in support thereof; and
- Draft Citation (not exceeding one page).
- Applications duly recommended, and complete in all respects, should be sent to the Section Officer (DD-IV), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Room No. 242, 2nd Floor, ‘A’-Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001, so as to reach him latest by 16th August, 2011. Applications received after the last date and/or not recommended by the prescribed authority/person will not be entertained.