National workshop on Mixed method Research in Special & Inclusive Education
Date: 09th October, 2017 – 11th October, 2017
Venue : National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD) , ECR, Muttukadu, Kovalam Post, Chennai-603112. Tamil Nadu., India
National workshop on Mixed method Research in Special & Inclusive Education Jointly Organised by The University of Northampton, UK & National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD) Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
Course Content: The course will consist of basic understanding of mixed method research, importance and suitability in Indian context, significance in area of disability rehabilitation, aspects of conducting a mixed method research, data collection and analysis.
Outcome: The participants are expected to gain an insight in conducting mixed method research, identify research areas of interest in special and Inclusive Education and arrive at a brief proposal.
Last Date for Application: 1st September 2017
Eligibility for Participation:
- Master’s Degree in any area of disability rehabilitation & special education, having a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Preference will be given to those working with multiple disabilities and those who are registered for PhD
- Participants of Qualitative Research Methods held at NIEPMD from 17th April to 19th April 2017 will be given preference.
- Submission of abstract (max 250 words) in the attached format on mixed method research in Special & Inclusive Education
- Considering the limited number of seats candidates may kindly schedule their travel only after receiving confirmation of registration. Registration (Only through email)
Workshop Fees : NIL
Registration (Only through email)
Stay Facility: Twin sharing facility with food
Travel Allowance: 3rd/ 2 nd AC fare for selected Indian participants
Resource Persons :
- Dr. David Preece, Senior Lecturer in Education
(SEN & Inclusion-Autism), University of Northampton
Phone : 044-27472113, 27472046, 09884718969
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org