You are citizens of India. Your voice was heard and will continue to help make the difference. So Make your presence felt yet again. Go and cast your vote.
- Assured Minimum Facilities for persons with disabilities
- Pwd App for persons with disabilities – Election Commission of India
Assured Minimum Facilities for persons with disabilities
- Parking for Persons with Disability (PwD) coming on wheelchairs or other vehicles (to be visible from the road)
- After entrance arrow signs marks indicating the queue
- Arrow mark indicating the polling personnel
- Signage for Male/Female toilets
- Signage for toilets for PwD voters
- Signage indicating drinking water
- Tables of 4’ x 2 1/2’ with provision for 3 people to sit – one BLO with booth slips, two NSS / NSC volunteers (1 male 1 female) to guide and assist the voters (especially the PwDs) entering the polling station
- Ramps should have an inclination ratio of 1:10 and not more than 1:14
- Firm hand rails to be provided which should not be of shaky material
- In case there are stairs to reach polling station, ramp should also be provided there
- Whether separate toilets for Male and Female voters available
- Whether toilets are PwD-friendly.
- Whether running water is there in the toilets
- If running water facility is not there what arrangement has been done?
- Whether there is facility of drinking water
Separate Entry and Exit
- Whether separate entrance and exit is provided in the polling station
- If no separate entrance and exitis available, whether provision of rope separator/partition can be done? specify
- Electricity connection with two plug points
- Minimum 1 fan
- 2-3 tube lights
- Is adequate furniture is available?
- Height of the table on which the Ballot Unit is kept should be disabled-friendly
- Sufficient moving space around the table for wheel chairs
The basic process to register in electoral roll is to ll up a form. This is known as form 6. One needs to ll this up and attach necessary documents like photo identity proof, residence proof etc.
If you have access and working knowledge of internet technology, then you can go to National Voters’ Services Portal (NVSP) https://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6 and ll up the form. Information here is available in English as well as in Indian languages. Here, you ll the form online and submit it online (or) You can visit https://eci.nic.in/eci_main/forms/FORM6.pdf. Take a print of form 6 from website and ll it with a pen. Attach necessary documents and submit the hard copy by visiting a VHC (Voter’s Help Center)
Form 6 is available at your nearest VHC. One can collect the form from there and submit it after lling it up.
All the polling booths are being made accessible to PwDs.
The election ofcers are being sensitized to provide necessary assistance.
Separate queue and priority voting for PwDs.
Positive and proactive attitude towards the possible difculties on the voting day by the staff, volunteers and community.
ref : Maharashtra CEO and ECI